Sunday, May 22, 2011

$3 an hour... i think that's a demotion




I am a ghost writer… ooooooooooooooooowwww. It sounds more exciting than it is but I really like doing it. A ghost writer is someone who writes for companies, either under the company name or under an assumed persona.

At my job in Nepal I wrote as myself and also under four different persona's. I really enjoyed the challenge of taking on another person’s voice. I am not going to tell you which articles are me but you can find some of them here.

I have just started something new to supplement the cash flow. I am writing articles for an Australian based web design company. To help with the Google ranking of the sites they create I write link heavy articles under different names and they post them on websites. I don’t really understand the whole process but all I know it is get paid $3 for 500 words. 

This is a serious pay decrease for me. When I was younger a magazine offered me $50 for 500 words and I turned it down. I didn’t see the point of laboring over all those words for so little money. Now I would kill for a job that paid so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment