Monday, July 11, 2011

I made this: red kuta


I have always wanted to be able to make my own clothes. I never seem to like anything i find in the shops and the things a like are way too expensive for someone working for $3  an hour. When I came home i decided i would learn to make myself a kuta.

This is the first thing i have sewn. I have tried a few times but i always end up getting my mum to take over half way through. It is just quicker and neater if she does it. This time i stuck with it right till the almost end (she did the hem).

I think the tailors in Pokhara are pretty safe. I won't be opening a stitching shop anytime soon. The darts are a bit crooked and it is a little tight but i think for a first try it isn't bad.

I found the pattern at Burda Style and if you sign up for the free membership you get access to lots of FREE patterns. I think i will try to get the kuta perfect but i'd like to try something like this soon:

Afternoon tea top from Burda style


2 comments:

  1. that was creative of u to do that amanda!!
    now.. u shud do a new post wearing that kurta!
    :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I will see if i can next time i wear it.

    ReplyDelete